Friday, May 16, 2008

Southern HK Island



After 4 months of travelling around HK, I can say that almost every accessible area has been cover.
Looking at the map, it seems that only the southern coast of HK island would be interesting enough to hike.

So picking up my bag, here goes 15hrs of walking.

The jumbo harbour, where u take a small boat to the popular Jumbo for seafood.
Might be a good place to bring my parents to.




Yup, the ride there is part of HK famous Ocean Park.

Guess I am too old for such stuff.










Repulse Bay.

In search of the bikini haven.











with futile effort....














Where are all the HK babes~~!!!

But I like these architectures, like how they are built according the moutainous terrain. 依山而建.

Imagine staying at such a place.






A temple for the seafaring people.

And I found out why HK is named HK during this trip. Basically. Ang Moh came to the soutern part of HK island which was locally named 香港村, then Ang Moh thought the whole island called 香港, so name it 香港.

Later the area of 香港村 was renamed 香港仔, which is also called Aberdeen now.





Alot of scultures and statues.

Quite scary at night when I was about to leave the place.












觀音像.















I was getting tired, and it was getting dark.
(There was a longer story to it.)

So I saw a chair out of nowhere on some rocky coast, and I took out my potato chips and map to plan my route back.

Enjoying the scenery, I sat there for 1 hr.







The mysterious chair from nowhere.

Maybe someone jumped from this chair ~~~~


(Hey, there is something behind you.)

No comments: